This video will show you How to replace washing machine drum bearings to a Candy, Hoover, Otsein, Zerowatt washing machines
To order your washing machine drum bearings you will need your full model number. (This is normally around the washing machine door frame on a sticker)
How to replace washing machine bearings:
This video will show you How to replace washing machine drum bearings to a Candy, Hoover, Otsein, Zerowatt washing machines and other manufactures listed below with the amount of models they fit in brackets (???)
Candy (989) Iberna (48) Teka (38) Classic (1) Kelvinator (30) Tensai (2) Cylinda (4) Mastercook (7) Velo (1) Fagor (6) Neufunk (1) Vendome (2) Friac (4) Otsein (127) Victory (3) Hitachi (1) Philco (8) Vyatka (7) Hoover (347) Rosieres (35) Zerowatt (337)
This can be one of the most difficult; more often than not it requires a complete strip down of the washing machine.
The first thing you have to realize about a bearing change on any washing machine is that you need all the correct parts before you start and the average DIY armature will take the whole day to do this job and the assistance of a friend would be really helpful, if you’re not confident in your ability to totally strip the machine and re-build it then call in a professional as they do not like taking on jobs that are already started.
On Candy, Hoover, Otsein, Zerowatt and others listed above there are two bearings in washing machines and one main seal and you will need a tub gasket.
This is what a typical washing machine bearing kit looks like.
The main reason that washing machine bearings fail is that the main shaft seal fails, allowing water into the bearings that cause corrosion this will lead to the bearing to slowly rusts over time and eventually will collapse due to the oil or grease being washed out and will start to get very noisy on spin.
How to replace washing machine bearings:
- You will need to order all the parts that you need to undertake the job; here is a list that I would have
- New set of washing machine bearings according to your model.
- New washing machine drum tub seal.
- A tube of silicon sealant.
- A full set of tools and you differently need the following, screwdriver set including torx’s, a socket set up to 19mm some spanners will be helpful a hammer and some large chisels, I recommend getting a 25 cm long bolt or threaded bar plus nuts, 12mm to 18mm wide with some very strong washers about 2 mm thick and the size of the two new bearings but 2mm smaller than the outer race. See pictures for what you will need.
- A friend if you can talk them into helping the wife will do as a backup.
- You will then be ready to take on this very large job.
- You will need quite a lot of space to tackle this job and the children will need to be out of the way.
- Take all panels of the washing machine, lid, front facial panel, and the back panel,
- Strip down all the parts that are attached to the drum. Take photos of any wiring that you disconnect so you remember how it goes back together
- Remove the drum from the casing, by undoing the springs and the suspension legs.
- You are now ready to split the drum, see video for taking this apart.
- Take your time knocking the old bearings out and when removed clean everything thoroughly. Remove the drum seal and clean area.
- Now it’s time to fit the new bearings this is where your large nut and bolt will come in using the large washers. First partly load the bearing in each side then place the bolt through with one washer that is the size of the appropriate bearing, then on the other side fit other washer that is the size of that bearing and but the bolt on, now slowly do the nut and bolt up while making sure that the stay aligned until both bearings are full pulled into place.
- With a hammer preferably a rubber one slowly tap the washing machine drum seal into place.
- Fit the two half’s of the drum together with the new seal and silicone.
- Reload the drum and put the pulley wheel back on after pulling it into place.
- Rebuild the machine in the same way as you as you took it apart.
Hopefully everything works perfect and sit back and pat yourself on the back for the amount of money you saved.
How to replace washing machine bearings tools
How to replace washing machine bearings, this bearing assembly kit, this will only cost you a maximum £5 from any hardware store.
1 Threaded bar about 25 cm long and about 12mm thick, you can use a normal bolt and the thickness can be up to the size of the inner race on your washing machine bearing. Get fine threaded bar if you can get it.
2 A couple of nuts to fit the bar.
3 The washers must be strong and i advise you get three for each bearing as this will give it strength when pulling the bearings in.
Search for a repair guide!
Find a repair guide!
- Cooker & Oven (27)
- Cooker Hood (1)
- Dishwasher (10)
- Fridge & Freezer (1)
- Repair Guides (91)
- Tumble Dryers (28)
- Vacuum Cleaners (2)
- Washer Dryers (3)
- Washing machines (69)